Thursday, July 05, 2007

Days 137-139: bye bye mummy

An interesting weekend. On Saturday, took Dad to Selfridges. We were testing out his new taxicard which knocks off about 11 quid on the taxi fare.

Well, we're really not that far from Selfridges. When we got to the taxi, it was already £6 on the meter cos the driver had been waiting 5 minutes. The total fare came up to £17, or which £8 we had to pay. So yes, it did get us there door-to-door, and I'm grateful to the government for stumping up over half the fare. But my palms still sweated a fair bit as the taxi meter clocked up.

We'd brought the wheelchair along and people were very polite and nice, opening doors, helping with lifts etc. Dad says though he looks "awful" in the chair.

Today, mum left for her holiday. As dad was in a funny mood, she said I shouldn't send her off. So, it's just me and dad now.

Fatt still in pain in Bangkok. I also heard about an old friend of mine whom I hadn't been in touch with in ages: she had a bad motorbike accident. Thankfully she is recovering OK, but has had to endure months of physiotherapy to learn how to walk. 2006 hasn't been a good year for health.....

No comments: