Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Day 67-69: Disabled seating

I'm going to Thailand soon. I told dad. It was all a bit emotional. Though a couple of days ago, he did say that I was the one who drove him craziest!

Mum and I were nagging him to do his exercises but he acted like he didn't care. I had to walk out cos it was driving me a bit crazy. Mum blew her top and had a real go at him. He was very contrite after and did his exercises and then carried on as normal. I wish he would fight and fight the effects of the stroke.

This morning, I went into dad's room and he asked me to stay longer, because the dreaded days are coming up in the Chinese calendar, and he's still scared he will die on that day. But my husband won't like it if I change the plane tickets.

As for wheelchairs, apparently you can get some from the Red Cross, sort of like a long-term loan. Problem is is that they've run out. So ebay it is then.

Anyhow my real rant today is about the disabled seating on buses. Firstly, it's great that buses have them. BUT, able-bodied people love to sit on these seats and purposely look away when they see somebody who might need it. Schoolkids are actually quite good in this regard - they will give up their seats (just like I used to when I was young!). No, it's the grown-ups spreading their shopping over the adjacent seat who ignore the disabled/elderly's needs. Dispicable.

No comments: