Monday, November 20, 2006

Day 44-45: Dizzy

I'm a terrible person. I'm horrible. I get so impatient with dad and mad at him for silly things like making a mess cos he can't eat properly. I'm evil and hate myself. I seriously need to chill out. I'm just not cut out for looking after dad.

He's been complaining of strange eye problems again, just in his right one, like before the stroke. That's damn scary. The physio came to see us twice in one day - she's great. She's taught dad how to sit and stand properly, new exercises for his pelvis and hands. She advised me to call the GP about dad's eye symptons and even went back to the office and sent me loads of info about stroke symptons from the web.

So I've been ringing the GP who are way too busy to even call back. The surgery manager suggests I take dad to A&E. Dad refuses to go - he hated it there, all the tests and prodding. I called up the hospital. They also suggested A&E "if you're worried," but in the end, asked us to come in on Monday for a special outpatient stroke clinic. We've decided to wait till Monday then, see how his right eye goes.

No comments: